5.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

whos clicking on me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i discover whos clicking on me and how can i stop the same companies clicking on me for sales calls?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: whos clicking on me

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

crawleyscaff wrote:

how do i discover whos clicking on me and how can i stop the same companies clicking on me for sales calls?

I am afraid but I am not quite sure what you want to accomplish when you say who is clicking? Are you suspicious about the traffic you are getting via Adwords?

Do you fear about invalid clicks happening across your ads?

Are you regularly getting sales calls and you are unsure about their origin?

Can you elaborate on this and let us know what think you to conclude that the sales calls you are getting are definitely from your Google ads and not from any other traffic source?

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI crawleyscaff

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

You will need to check your web server log files to get IP addresses of people who click your ads. It is possible to exclude IP addresses from your campaigns.

You can see statistics by Geo location by using the dimensions tab and this will only give you a general country/region/ physical location of users clicking your ads.

Something to consider here is how Google monitor for and deal with invalid clicks. Invalid clicks are detected and filtered from your account before you are charged when the system detects that there is suspicious click activity. If the clicks are not filtered in the first wave of detection, sometimes you will notice click quality credits within your billing summary.

Finally, there is an invalid clicks troubleshooter you can use if you are concerned about this issue.

I hope this helps you, good luck Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

One quick addition to great explanation above is that you will not get the IP address information from Adwords because of security reasons. So its only possible to get the list of IPs by contacting your web server company.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

whenever i turn on my ad campaign i get calls for fuel cards and website builders. if i turn the campaign off for a while the calls stop.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

It looks like that the wording which you are using in your text ad is a bit confusing for the online users. Due to this, they are calling you for the services you mentioned above, which actually is not the case.

Try re-phrasing your text ad content and then re-launch them to see if it affects or not.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Crawleyscaff,

Please share domain you are advertising? Can you please see under keywords tabs "See search terms" for what queries you are being shown on Google Search engine.

I think you need to add negative keywords in your campaigns. Search terms those are not profitable and are irrelevant for your business.

Also look into positive keywords and make sure you have chosen the correct set of keywords for your campaign.

If would be really great if you could share URL, few keywords and search terms. We would get better idea and can suggest better solutions!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Crawleyscaff,

I agree with Neha.. If you could provide us with more details, we would be in a better position to help you.
What are the kind of keywords you are targeting?
Can you give us a sample ad text? and share the domain URL with us?

Are you using negative keywords?

are you advertising only on the search network or display network too?

Do you use the phone number in your ad copy?

Please do revert with answers so that we can help! Smiley Happy
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
oo.. I forgot to mention Match types..
Are you using a majority of Broad matched keywords in your account?
You could be triggering varied irrelevant queries because of this.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!