AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

which type of bidding shall I choose CPC or CPA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is buying cars for cash,which type of bidding shall I choose CPC or CPA?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: which type of bidding shall I choose CPC or CPA?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mike W,
You can choose any one but to choose CPA bidding campaign must have at least 15 conversion in last 30 days. Please visit below link to get wider view on which bidding option to choose.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Cost-Per-Acquisition-Conversion-Opt...

Thanks
Santosh

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

As Santosh mentioned, you need a set number of conversions in your account before you can opt to use CPA bidding.

I personally would stick to CPC bidding even if you have enough conversion data to use CPA bidding. I have found that CPA bidding is only really effective if you have large numbers of conversions a month. You have much more control using CPC bidding.

Should you wish to move over to CPA bidding, you will need to know what CPA you want to work towards, one tip is to try and bring it down gradually, so if you want to aim for a CPA of £10 and it's currently at £20, don't set the target CPA as £10 because you will be likely to lose out on leads.

Google does give you a recommended CPA, but just be wary that lead volumes might decrease over time when using this option.

I hope this helps.

Kate
Head of Bid Media | RocketMill

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Mike,

Great advice from the Community there! Just to add, why not take a look at eCPC (enhanced cost per click).  eCPC is a bidding feature that raises your bid for clicks that seem more likely to lead to a sale or conversion on your website. 

Your campaign must have conversion tracking turned on for eCPC to work. Once you've set up conversion tracking, you can enable eCPC in the settings tab of your campaign. 

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

If you are beginner and has just started with your campaigns, then ideally you should go for automatic bidding or CPC bidding. Automatic bidding is for the advertisers who doesn't have much time to invest in the account and optimize it, that's why AdWords has this option. 

If you are serious and want to take your account to the next level in terms of ROI, then you should go for CPC and then slowly and steadily expand in terms of experimentation. AdWords has different flexible bidding strategies which you can explore and try to implement gradually. More details on Flexible bid strategies here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

As said above CPA has certain criteria which has to be fulfilled before you implement that.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj