AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

which keywords should I use for my ad campaign ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am advertising with ad words,But Confused which keywords are useful for my ad campaign.Help me to get proper keywords.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AMOGH M
September 2015

Re: which keywords should I use for my ad campaign ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Once logged in to your account got to the tools menu and click on the Keyword Planner - this will give you a great starting point.

don't simply add everything that the tools suggests, but rather go through the suggestions and start with those that you feel most closely resonate with your product or service.

Look for those which clearly do not relate, and could cause confusion - and add those as negatives.

Then, once the campaign is running, keep an eye on the search query reports to see what search terms are triggering your ads and use this report to add more keywords, and negatives.

Set up some meaningful conversions on your website so that you can evaluate the quality of the visitors and see which keywords are driving the best quality visitors... once you have some data on this you can pull out the better performing keywords into their own ad group(s) and give them more love and attention...

It's an ongoing process - the sooner you get started, the sooner you can start optimising.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AMOGH M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Once logged in to your account got to the tools menu and click on the Keyword Planner - this will give you a great starting point.

don't simply add everything that the tools suggests, but rather go through the suggestions and start with those that you feel most closely resonate with your product or service.

Look for those which clearly do not relate, and could cause confusion - and add those as negatives.

Then, once the campaign is running, keep an eye on the search query reports to see what search terms are triggering your ads and use this report to add more keywords, and negatives.

Set up some meaningful conversions on your website so that you can evaluate the quality of the visitors and see which keywords are driving the best quality visitors... once you have some data on this you can pull out the better performing keywords into their own ad group(s) and give them more love and attention...

It's an ongoing process - the sooner you get started, the sooner you can start optimising.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

stickleback is totally right.

Here is a really good video to help as well though, simply reading instructions without seeing it done in an account can be a bit tricky I know. Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaWbQYuh4A