6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

where to add display ads for "Search Network with Display Select"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are running a new ad campaign and wanted to try the "Search Network with Display Select". I walked through the setup and it had me create a search ad but when I was finished, I expected to be walked through the setup of a display image ad since this will be on the display network, however nothing happened.

Not sure if I create a new ad group now for the display network and them an image ad for it or do I just add an image ad to this group.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GuitarStorage
September 2015

Re: where to add display ads for "Search Network with Display Sel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... This is a nice question;

If you have enough budget, for a"stand alone " display campaign,  and you are familiar with the "somewhat  complexity" of setting a separate campaign, for the display network  - this would be best,.

I will skip for now troubleshooting your first question, since if you choose to set a separate "full display" campaign - it will become redundant.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey GuitarStorage

I would advise highly against grouping your display ads and search ads in the same campaign. You will often want to treat these 2 very differently, even if you are using text ads in both.

Find out all about Search with display select here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3437721?hl=en

Find out about creating your campaigns here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704395?rd=1

hope this helps and goodluck with your first campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Though I've looked at that help files, I'm still unclear:

Since I selected “Search Network with Display Select” for my campaign, will the search text ad that I've created be also displayed on the Display network or will that stay on the Search Network while the Image ad I create for the 2nd ad group be the one that displays on the Display part of the “Search Network with Display Select”. I want the image ad on the display network and the text ad on the search network. Or should I abandon the “Search Network with Display Select” choice and run two separate campaigns?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GuitarStorage
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... This is a nice question;

If you have enough budget, for a"stand alone " display campaign,  and you are familiar with the "somewhat  complexity" of setting a separate campaign, for the display network  - this would be best,.

I will skip for now troubleshooting your first question, since if you choose to set a separate "full display" campaign - it will become redundant.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey GuitarStorage,

I would suggest 2 campaigns, one for Search and one for Display. If budget is an issue you are able to limit the budget of each campaign so you spend more where you would like to spend more.