AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

where do I go to research keywords for google /bidding?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: where do I go to research keywords for google /bidding?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kathy,

You can find out more information about the Keyword Planner here, there is also a link to go directly to the tool. It's also available directly from your AdWords account in the 'Tools' menu.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much. I'm so stressed with this. I appreciate your help!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kathy,

The keyword planner is great, as PPCBossman mentioned. You should also make a list of the things that you would search for if you were looking for your product. Also consider building out a campaign to bid on your competitors terms.

Last but not least, be sure to consider what keywords you DONT want to show for and make a list of negatives as you go! Hope this helps!

Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I also like to look at some outside tools if I'm stuck. Check out the free version of KeywordSpy.com -- You can look up competitor domains as well as your target keywords and get an idea of how much they cost. I like to "round up" the CPCs so that clients aren't surprised if our costs start out higher during early optimization.