Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

where can i find my report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to google adwords and to be honest, I am not impressed and starting to think that this could be the worst £62.50 a month I have ever spent!!!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I really am not happy.

1.  I was not given any site to go to to enter my login details so that I can access my account.  I contacted the sales team and they said they didn't know either - shocking!

2.  I stumbled across this site and managed to login but cannot see anything that relates to my own personal details except my account number.

3.  Having googled several keywords relating to my business, I appear on the 4th/5th page.  No one I know EVER looks past the 1st/2nd page on google.  I was told 1st or 2nd at most.  Not happy!

4.  Spelling mistakes in my campaign! 

5.  I've no way of knowing whether I've had any clicks because I can't access my information.  I want to look at it when I want, not when you email to tell me that I can see it.

6.  I am so angry with myself, I really thought I'd looked into this and asked all the right questions and now feel quite frankly like I've been ripped off big time!

I'd really appreciate a response to the points I raise because I'm getting nowhere fast by calling your customer services team.

Thanks

"A Frustrated Customer"

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: where can i find my report

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with adwords has not been Google.
Have you tried logging into www.adwords.google.com

This is where you access your account.

Do try it out and let us know if you see your reports.

Regards

Ellaiah.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Let me ask--did you create your advertising account on your own or are you using an outside agency to manage your advertising for you?

If the former, you view the performance of your account (and handle ongoing management tasks) by logging in to the same website you logged into to create your account.

If the latter, then you need to contact the agency you hired to handle your advertising and ask them for access to your information.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Frustrated,

Sure sounds to me like you hired an agency to create your campaign.

Google does not create an account for you. If you did not create the AdWords account, it must have been opened by a 3rd party--the agency you hired.

It also sounds like the agency has not given you access to your own account. This is not how approved agencies are supposed to act. A reputable agency will give you at least report level access to your account. Your account should not be co-mingled with other clients. Get hold of the agency and tell them you want access to your account. If they refuse to grant this access for any reason, fire them on the spot. This is not how reputable agencies handle their accounts.

You may have trouble getting access to your account since it seems you have created an AdWords account with your email address already. You can only use that email address in one account. There is a way to get the address off an account, but it's real pain. The easiest thing to do would be to use a different email address to access the agency account. I have posted many times on this forum how to remove your email address from an account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I got totally confused with it all.  Yes, BT sorted my account but Im beginning to think Ive been ripped off and in fact would have saved myself money had I sorted it myself.  I didnt know I could do it myself until I was googling to try and find some helpful info to get me out of this mess.  I now find myself in a contract with no way out for 12 months!!

When I google a selection of what my keywords are, my company appears on page 3, I think this is bad but what do you think?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
This is bad on two levels. First, not much traffic gets to page 3. I would guess you're not getting many impressions. Second, When you look for your ad by doing a live search, you get impressions and no clicks, potential lowering your CTR and your QS.

Contact the agency and tell them you want read-only access to your account. If they refuse, they are really violating Google's policy on account management. If they tell they can't give you access to your account because that would reveal data from other clients, that's another violation. Insist on access.

Another option is email reports. See if they will provide these for you. That way you will at least be able to review what they are doing for your account.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I put all my concerns in writing and this is the response I had.....I get the feeling they are fobbing me off?   I quoted Distance Selling Regs thats why hes talking about cancelling etc I said I have a cooling off period from the day I receive my goods ie a service up to 7 working days after (I got this from the Which.org site.   Service went live 22nd August and Ive not had one call from it. I would welcome any views on their response.....

I am sorry you have had no further contact with your sales agent but now the campaign is live all your questions can come to us and we will help out the best we can, but if you would like to speak to some one about this our accounts team can be contacted on 0800 111 4225.

You can look at the campaign and its progress as and when you want.

If you would like to view your campaign details please visit:

Searchmarketing.bt.com\portal

You can use your email address to log in, if you do not have a password there is a forgotten password option you can use.

Some spelling mistakes are generally put into campaigns on purpose to pick up possible typing errors from potential customers and so on, but if you would like to give me examples to look at I'll certainly look into it for you.

You certainly can run a campaign yourself using Adwords however here at BT we have Google professionals who know how best to run the campaigns and are at hand to help with any queries throughout the process of the campaign.

Regarding the performance of the campaign itself I can see so far we have had 15 clicks through to your site with an average position in Google of 5.8. At this moment in time this campaign is still in it's infancy as it can take around 3 weeks for this to fully optimise and for us to find the correct click cost ratio and so on for you and your company.

I have attached a full list of your keywords to look over and let me know if there are any at all you would like changing, removing or adding. I will then get to work on this for you.

With our campaigns there is a 5 day cooling off period from the moment of signing were you are allowed to cancel, this has unfortunately passed now so we will not be able to cancel the campaign.

However if you would like to review the details I have sent to you we can schedule a call for when is best with you to go over the information together and hopefully get a campaign running for you in your best interest.

My number is 0800 007 5665 if you would like to call me, or as mentioned previously let me know with a time and date you would like me to give you a call and I will certainly arrange that for you.

I hope this email has started to give you a peace of mind that we will be here to help with the campaign and hopefully start to drive all relevant and correct traffic to your site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

and also the page they told me to use to login in to my account doesnt exist!!