AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

where can i adjust bid for computer and tablets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to get clicks from only mobile but i am not able to set an option.

What can i do for this?

Please help me.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: where can i adjust bid for computer and tablets?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Unfortunately you cannot adjust bids for computers and tablets. Only way of doing this is to bid lower for the overall campaign and increase the mobile bids by a percentage.

Siva.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ben

Well as far as i know you cant exclude computers and tablets from your campaigns at the moment. But you can change bid adjustments for mobile devices which will be focusing more on mobile devices

to do that click on the campaign you want to change the bids and select devices and the bid adjustments on mobile devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Siva, i adjust bid for mobile 300%, what can i do next?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ben,

I think thats it for now. Just see how it goes....

Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok
Bid for all keywords set at lower so that these can not search for desktop.
You means mobile and Desktop bid operates with different functionality.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mobile bid does not have any connection with keywords CPC?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Ben L,

You got some good advice there, I just want to say you will still see clicks on desktop and tablet device but at very less cpc and very low average position because you have set your adgroup bid/keyword bid very less.

You can't completely shut tablet and desktop device. The workaround is bid adjustment for mobile device as suggested already.

For example:

When you set -100% bid adjustment for mobile system completly shut off mobile traffic. When you add less bids at adgroup level/keyword level and set mobile bid adjustment 300%, you set very less bids for desktop and tablet and your mobile bids are adgroup bid/keyword bid *300%.

For example: Adgroup bid/keyword Bid : $1 & Mobile bid is 300%

Desktop & Tablet Max CPC will be: $1
Mobile Max CPC will be: $1 + (1*300%) = $4

When you are working on this strategy, you need to be very careful while making bid adjustment. As you will see bids below first page bid estimates, you can't randomly make bid changes. You need to keep in mind that you are targeting mobile and every keyword bid you have will be multiplied by 300% for mobile. And if by chance you raise your bids way too high your ads will appear on desktop device.

Edit: Made calculation error. Now corrected.

Thanks
Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
I agree with Neha here, You need to be careful when adjusting bids or it may not give the result you expecting.