2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what would actual CPC be if yours is the only bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In a traditional auction with no reserve even if my bid was 5 cents I would win the auction. What's the situation when you're bidding on an adwords keyword that has no competing bids? 

Or what if all you want is to be the number 3 ad on the page (not the top one) and there are only 2 other companies bidding on that keyword? Shouldn't you be able to win that position with 5 cents or does google set some lower limit?

I read a couple help pages like this one:http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2464960 and it didn't address this.

Thank you,

Tim

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what would actual CPC be if yours is the only bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Tim;

There is a certain threshold to cross (Google does not disclose), in order for your ad to be eligible to enter in an auction.

So, if you are the only bidder, or one out of 3 , that does not necessarily mean that your ad always shows up ( if a given query matches one of our keywords).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: what would actual CPC be if yours is the only bid

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

Further to what Moshe has posted here, just because you see no ads for a particular query, that does not mean no one else is bidding on those keywords and it certainly does not mean you can get clicks for cheap!

More often, what it does mean is that other advertisers have tried that keyword with little success. Google keeps track of all that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords