AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what stops someone ramping up you costs by just continuously clicking your link in adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wondering if someone can damage your ad by clicking through to exhaust your budget?

1 Expert replyverified_user

what stops someone ramping up you costs by just continuously clicking your link in adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

This is a regular topic here. Google has sophisticated systems that make sure you are not charged for repeated, accidental or fraudulent clicks on your ads. However if someone is determined to do you harm, they can find ways to do so.

Is this a general question, or do you suspect this is happening to your account? If so, what makes you think it could be occurring? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just a general worry as I am only just starting out on adwords.

Thanks,

Rob

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

I wouldn't be concerned, as it is rare - perhaps akin to glaziers who smash shop windows to get business.