AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what's the minimum threshold for impression share?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found many of my search keywords don't have data for search impression share. According to the help, it needs minimum threshold of activity for showing impression share. Does anyone have a rough idea what's the "minimum threshold" means?

Another question, what's the difference between impression share in Auction Insight and impression share in Competitive Metrics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what's the minimum threshold for impression share?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another question, my campaign targets several countries including US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain. Can I know the impression share for the specific country like US, or I can only know the aggregation of impression share of all countries?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Lei,

To answer your first question, No, no one can give you a good idea on the minimum requirement for a keyword impression share. We can only guess that the keyword in question needs to be searched enough times (again no idea on the minimum requirement) in Google for it to be classify it as a keyword that can be attributed a share of impressions on the SERP.

Now for your second question, Yes, you can get estimates for different countries in the Keyword Planner tool. All you need to do, is select the country you want the estimates for and then input your keywords and hit enter, It should give you a list of all your keywords along with the impression share for each in the next window.

You can read all about the Keyword Planner here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Lei,

If you have accumulated the data in your campaign targeting several countries then you cannot segment to see the Search Impression Share for individual targeted locations of the campaign. It will only show the IS for the complete campaign taking into account all targeted locations.

All the more, it is never a recommended practice to include several countries in single campaign. I would recommend you to create separate campaign for each country, so you would be able to optimize the account accordingly. If your budget does not support then you have the option of Shared Budget, which can be applied to multiple campaigns.

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala