AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is the maximum cpc bid ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is the max cpc bid amount for display and text ads?

i saw 1000$ as the maximum?Can't we increase ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is the maximum cpc bid ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shibin,

Please find below the link for Max CPC Bid.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6326?hl=en

If you want to know more about Budget & Bid then please find below the link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3119127?hl=en&ref_topic=3119122

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Shibin,

In contrast to some versions of Poker, there is no upper limit in AdWords in regard to how high you are allowed to bid when specifying your max CPC values. Hence theoretically you may set them to any values no matter how high they are. In reality, i have never seen bids higher than $100, however, I am just one of millions of online advertisers and some industries like luxury car rentals or airplane charters might be pretty expensive in terms of bidding.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Shibin B further to @Lakatos's answer, I'd be extremely surprised if there were any businesses out there that needed a Max CPC bid of more than $1000.

Are you sure you're talking about the right setting?  Max CPC is the maximum amount you're prepared to pay per click on one of your Ads.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

$1000 is indeed the maximum possible CPC bid, and you'd be insane to want to bid that high, let alone higher.

I've seen advertisers bid that high twice in my life, and they were both idiots who thought their high bids would intimidate their competition out of trying to bid for first place.

And then I had to explain to those people that they were paying $900+ per click because their completion was just as crazy as they were.

It's the AdWords equivalent of "playing chicken" -- you hope the other driver is saner than you, and pulls out first. If you're equally crazy, you get a head-on collision.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Michael seems correct. I tried to enter a bid higher than $1,000 and got the 'Bid is too large" warning. Honestly, have never seen it before ... Smiley Happy