AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is the differences between keyword destination and ad URL destination ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

what is the differences between keyword destination and ad URL destination 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: what is the differences between keyword destination and ad URL destination ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Akram,

If you set a keyword destination then the person clicking on your ad that has been triggered by a keyword will be directed to the URL assigned to that particular keyword.

So say you have an ad group related to tennis shoes and your ad destination URL directs the user to a general tennis shoe landing page; if a user searches for a particular model tennis shoe which you have included in your keyword list and have assigned a keyword destination URL to then the ad URL will be overriden and the user will be take to the specific model tennis shoe landing page instead.

...I hope that makes sense. If not then please say and I'll try to clarify it!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: what is the differences between keyword destination and ad URL destination ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Akram,

If you set a keyword destination then the person clicking on your ad that has been triggered by a keyword will be directed to the URL assigned to that particular keyword.

So say you have an ad group related to tennis shoes and your ad destination URL directs the user to a general tennis shoe landing page; if a user searches for a particular model tennis shoe which you have included in your keyword list and have assigned a keyword destination URL to then the ad URL will be overriden and the user will be take to the specific model tennis shoe landing page instead.

...I hope that makes sense. If not then please say and I'll try to clarify it!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

See also a previous discussion on this

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/destination-URL-by-keywords/m-p/88908

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’