AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is the difference between a campaing and an ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to build our first ad in adwords. We are a non-profit agency in which we offer different services. For now, the one we would like to focus on is our foster care program. Now we have different offices in different counties and thought the best way to organize this was to set different campaings for the different services we offer. Under our foster care campaing we thought we should do an ad for each county. Now our dilema is, if we do that, how would we change in each ad what geographical area to foucs on since they are all different counties? It would really help us if we truly understood what the difference was. We'll we not be able to do that? We'll we have to change each office into a campaign rather than an ad under a campaign?  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: what is the difference between a campaing and an ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ChildNetLA,

I would recommend you set up a campaign for each office using geo-targeting to target the service area of each office. Then, in each campaign, set up an ad group for each service offered by the office. You can't really target different areas by ad group. When you add location modifiers to your keywords, more often than not you end up with "Low Search Volume", meaning our ad won't show. Geo-targeting takes care of that problem.

On the plus side, the keywords and ads for each office's services will be very similar.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ChildNetLA,

I would recommend you set up a campaign for each office using geo-targeting to target the service area of each office. Then, in each campaign, set up an ad group for each service offered by the office. You can't really target different areas by ad group. When you add location modifiers to your keywords, more often than not you end up with "Low Search Volume", meaning our ad won't show. Geo-targeting takes care of that problem.

On the plus side, the keywords and ads for each office's services will be very similar.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for responding. I think we will try that.