AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is relationship between a ad group and conversion action?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1. We define a few campaigns.

2. Under a single campaigns, we have a few ad groups.

3. In each ad group, we have a few keywords.

Every time, I add a conversion action, I realised that the conversion id in the conversion code is the same. 

My question is:

1. Is it a way to define a relationship of a single ad group to a single conversion action?

2. Is it a way to define a relationship of a single ad campaign to a single conversion action?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You're on the right track.  But you don't need to worry about attribution to an ad group or campaign.  Although the conversion code is the same, AdWords will automatically associate each conversion action with the campaign, ad group, keyword, and even the search term entered.  You'll be able to isolate each conversion in the management interface, by displaying conversion columns. 

hth

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Gary,

To follow with Steve,, Conversion tracking is an account level feature. So basically when the conversion happens, as Steve said above, attribution to the campaign/ad group/keyword level is handled internally by AdWords platform. You can actually get the details and then make the informed decisions based on the data.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

Currently,

1. I have 5 campaigns, then I set up 5 conversations with title matching up the campaigns. Because I think one campaign should match one conversation.

2. In my thank you page, I put 5 conversation codes into the same page. As you can tell they all have the the same conversation id and the only difference is google_conversion_label

My questions are:

1. Is this the right setup? Because I basically repeat the same conversation 5 times on the same page.

2. I don't see any direct relation between one campaign and one conversation, when I create a conversation? It didn't ask me to associate any campaign, ad group, keyword. I really want to know how it works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So you are saying I need to associate the data myself, after the data has been captured. Right?