Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is quality score ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is quality score ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Although you have asked a single line question, but I am sure the answer to this magical metric is not single liner Smiley Happy

In nutshell, Quality Score basically determines a statistical value and give your keyword a number ranging between scale of 1 to 10. All it includes is how your ad copy matches with the keyword you are bidding and how relevant is your landing page. So all these factors comprises of what we call Quality Score.

Read more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
and to add to the reply... knowing what is is one thing - knowing why it is important is another..

As you know, Google determines ad positions through an auction system. Basically all of the people bidding on the same keyword could theoretically have their ads displayed, but, of course, there is an order to the ad slots - it's not the same being top of the first page to being bottom of the third.

But it's not a simple auction. If I bid $2 and you bid $1, then you would expect my ad to appear above yours... and if our quality scores for that keyword were the same, I would.

but if your quality score is 8/10 and mine is 3/10, then your bid (kind of) becomes worth $8 and mine becomes worth $6. As with many things, I'm oversimplifying here, but this is the general gist of things.

Once you understand this you begin to appreciate that QS is one of the most, as @pankaj1782 says, magical metrics you need to be keeping an eye on.

Despite this, and to many people's surprise, when you open your keyword tab, the QS column is not displayed by default, you need to go into the columns and activate it. Do this - it's really important to keep a close eye on your QS - to know where you are and to monitor where you go as you make improvements to your account.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It also helpful for you to know about quality score. plz. follow the tutorial that is Explained by Google Chief Economist.
Here is link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwuUe5kq_O8

Thanks