AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is local seach? how close to my location is it? how do i check?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im based in Sydney and want to test a campaign for my wifes pregnacy business. We want to target pregnant massage, Im trying to figure out how close 'local searches' are to my destination???

I also have no idea how to set up an advert - is it relatively straight forward, as it seems so complex!

any help would be appreciated greatly!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is local seach? how close to my location is it? how do i chec

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi pauljjohn,

Welcome to the forum.

• Local Searche : Local search is any search aimed at finding something or seeking information online within a specific geographic area or you can say, when user searches for specific products/services in specific location.

For Example : "Resturent in Dublin"

• Adwords For Local Advertising : For local advertising Adword is highly effective,because it allows ads to be targeted very precisely to the search terms and location provided by the user.
  • Are you new to adword ? :  You can start from here .
  • Managing Adword Account : Managing Adword account is very easy.What you need is proper strategy and implementation.Adword provides so many tools for analysis which aim is to help you to take proper decesion in order to return you a good ROI.

Further If you face any sort of problem in managing your account then Adword Community is here to help you at

any point of time.Smiley Happy

• Caution : Before going to run your advertisement with Adword you have to aware about The Adword Ad Policy.You have to make sure that your business does not falling under any of the category within the policy.

Hpoe this helps

Regards,

Re: what is local seach? how close to my location is it? how do i chec

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Please  note that "local"  means different regions in different countries;

In Australia, local targeting is limited to a city level and to  a stage / territory level

I am not quite sure how accurate is targeting by city in Australia;

I will ask our Australian Top Contributor; Purefuzz to comment;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’