AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is diffrence between normal dispaly ads and lightbox ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Actually I am preparing presentation on Lighbox ads. I am a SEO executive. I am currently handling adwords campaign with search network. But i m not familiar with Display ads. I just want to ask the basic difference between Standard display ads and lighbox ads. For which type of business we can use these ads? and more advantages of lightbox ads. Also Please tell me about costing for lighbox ads.

Thank you in advance for your reply. Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikita K
September 2015

Re: what is diffrence between normal dispaly ads and lightbox ads?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Nikita,

Normal Display campaigns are used to generate the leads or traffic. But Lightbox ads are used for Engagement. Engagement means brand awareness.
Lightbox can be used for different industry, but it depends on the Campaigns objective. e.g. If you want brand promotion though video ads, you can use it.

It is also used for eCommerce client. You can run the Catalog Lightbox ads, where you can display Catalog of products.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

When users interact with your ads, you will be charged. Interaction means "Hover over the mouse on your ads for Two seconds".

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/4643299?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Generally speaking, "normal" display ads are banners in various sizes, while lightbox is an expandable ad which can be extended to a larger size.
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6006110?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you MosheTLV for you reply. But can you tell me, For which type of business we can use these ads?
As i know we can create lightbox ads containing multiple videos, Videos and images and +post ads. but we can create video ads with standard display ads also. then whats the difference with lightbox ads? and how to decide that these ads will work for my business?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikita K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Nikita,

Normal Display campaigns are used to generate the leads or traffic. But Lightbox ads are used for Engagement. Engagement means brand awareness.
Lightbox can be used for different industry, but it depends on the Campaigns objective. e.g. If you want brand promotion though video ads, you can use it.

It is also used for eCommerce client. You can run the Catalog Lightbox ads, where you can display Catalog of products.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Ohhh... I see that Rakesh already replied about the goal of "lightbox".
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Rakesh.

My another question is, what about costing? It follows CPE bidding method but any idea about how CPE is calculated. As in case of Search ads the CPC is depend upon the CPC of ad one position down to your ad. So my question is there anything like this in case of CPE?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

When users interact with your ads, you will be charged. Interaction means "Hover over the mouse on your ads for Two seconds".

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/4643299?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so much Rakesh....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MosheTLV,

I am also new to GDN, and now starting to learn about it.

I am wondering about the difference between Responsive ads to Lightbox ads to dynamic ads.

Altogether, all look very similar with a change of a "field" or two.

Can you share a use case to use each of the formats?

Thanks,

Amit

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.