Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what is Signup & lead category in Conversion tracking setting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What is the difference between "Signup" & "Lead" in the conversion category from the drop-down menu. I could understand the Purchase/sale & view of a key page. Please help me with understanding of the same.

Thanks,

B.Dhivya. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhivya M
September 2015

Re: what is Signup & lead category in Conversion tracking setting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dhivya
There's no real difference. They're just labels for you to differentiate yourself.
They offer different default settings so that you can track conversions that are not transactional and vice-versa.

A website/business might sell membership but also consider a "request for demo" as a lead. That would be the difference. But technically, there's no real difference in the way AdWords treats them.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhivya M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dhivya
There's no real difference. They're just labels for you to differentiate yourself.
They offer different default settings so that you can track conversions that are not transactional and vice-versa.

A website/business might sell membership but also consider a "request for demo" as a lead. That would be the difference. But technically, there's no real difference in the way AdWords treats them.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Davis.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Davis,

I have one more question to ask. I have seen many people are using these type of ads (Please refer the Image). Normally, AdWords text limit for headline - 25 and subheadlines - 35+35 = 70. What is the third line then? What kind of extension is used in this Ad. Please keep me posted on the same.

Google ad1.pngGoogle ad1.png

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
These are called "callout extensions" and you can find more information here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6079510?hl=en

Hope that helps!