# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

can someone explain regarding Affinity audiences

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is Affinity audiences

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You can think about affinity audiences as extension of your offline campaigns. More about that you can read here, and in link I copied.
Kind regards, Sachin S.

Affinity audiences: Select from these audiences to reach potential customers at scale and make them aware of your business.
These audiences were built for businesses currently running a TV ad who would like to extend the reach of a TV campaign to an online context for an efficient price.
From here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497941?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
what should i target
interest categories or topics
if am running video ad on youtube

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It depends.
You target with interest first, then narrow your audience with topics. That way you get really targeted ads.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Sachin,

Drazen has given you some good advice here. His advice will come in handy if you have a limited budget on YouTube and have a requirement for quality traffic.

Layering your targeting with either topics or interest is also a good idea as it will give you a very niche targeting. I recommend, you do a Keyword Contextual Targeting and then layer it with either Interests or Topics to narrow down you targeting.

This was helpful to me when I was running my YouTube campaigns.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks For your advice guys