AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what exactly is "Targeting based on more than three..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what exactly is "Targeting based on more than three types can lead to limited serving of your campaign"

and how do i fix this?

anyone?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Itay A
September 2015

Re: what exactly is "Targeting based on more than three..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Itay
On the display network using interests:  if you add too many audience categories, (age, gender etc...) in addition to interests, you end up with a targeting group (aka "reach"),  which is too small. The Venn diagram (the "circles" on the side) nicely  shows graphically,. that as you add more targeting categories (within interests)  the "reach" (audience) becomes smaller;

Please review this help article with detailed explanation;

Targeting settings on the Display Network

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

A side note: I personally prefer to target on the display by topics (vs interests). My experience, is that Google better identifies the topics of a website; than the users that have an interest in topics. (Topics targets sites about a specific subjects; interests targets the users having a "concern" on the subject.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
I think I know where this quote is taken from (display targeting ?), but to be sure, could you link the relevant page in the documentation (from which the quote was taken)?
Thanks;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe from TLV
Not sure i can go back in time like you asked..

Anyway, i got this text while trying to run an adword campagin for my new startup.
i got this text on the target crowd defenitions .

tnx,
Itay
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Itay A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Itay
On the display network using interests:  if you add too many audience categories, (age, gender etc...) in addition to interests, you end up with a targeting group (aka "reach"),  which is too small. The Venn diagram (the "circles" on the side) nicely  shows graphically,. that as you add more targeting categories (within interests)  the "reach" (audience) becomes smaller;

Please review this help article with detailed explanation;

Targeting settings on the Display Network

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

A side note: I personally prefer to target on the display by topics (vs interests). My experience, is that Google better identifies the topics of a website; than the users that have an interest in topics. (Topics targets sites about a specific subjects; interests targets the users having a "concern" on the subject.)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the full reply.
Personally as a savvy net user i find it weird that google would make it so difficult for a user to give her $$ Smiley Happy
I mean- put an undo feature at least so that people could revert to the last place where the campaign segmentation is approved for god sakes..

שבעס,
from Itay