AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what does "32-39 impressions" mean when i'm trying to simulate a CPC campaign (impressions =CPM??)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Sorry for the naive question, but I'm trying to plan my adword campaign and i'v been trying to simulate it with the adword tools.

When i type un "cheap flight ticket",with a max CPC of 3 €, I get two odd results (https://adwords.google.com/ko/TrafficEstimator/Home?__c=9309994178&__u=2002164458):

1. "Total number of clicks : 1,8-2,2 "

2. "Total number of impressions : 32-39"

--> how come we're talking about impressions ? I thought that was for CPM ?? 

Thanks a lot for your help,

Charles

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: what does "32-39 impressions" mean when i'm trying to simulate a CPC campaign (impress

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi charlgui and welcome to the forum!

While you won't be charged for impressions on the Search network, it can be useful to know how many times a day your ad will be shown.  Bear in mind that the "clicks" figure (just like the impressions) is only an estimate and based upon data from other advertisers and sources.  It may be that the fantastic ads you will write will get a much better CTR than normal, so knowing how many clicks are potentially there for the taking could be useful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: what does "32-39 impressions" mean when i'm trying to simulate a CPC campaign (impress

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi charlgui and welcome to the forum!

While you won't be charged for impressions on the Search network, it can be useful to know how many times a day your ad will be shown.  Bear in mind that the "clicks" figure (just like the impressions) is only an estimate and based upon data from other advertisers and sources.  It may be that the fantastic ads you will write will get a much better CTR than normal, so knowing how many clicks are potentially there for the taking could be useful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits