AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what does mean if suggested bid is 0% or - ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i am new user of adword 
I was trying to get ideas of keywords from adword keyword planner and i saw some keyword are 0 or - in the column of suggestion bid please describe me, what its mean? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: what does mean if suggested bid is 0% or - ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It only means that Google does not have enough data from the last 12 months in your selected location and language. I have never seen 0 in the suggested bid column, only --, and most often to low traffic keywords. Maybe the system has a minimum search requirement to display average prices for example 100 monthly searches.

Are those keywords in another language than english ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for your response i am sharing a image with a keyword please let me know aboutUntitled.png

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for sharing. As you can see that keyword has only 10 searches per month in the exact match, this data is too little to make estimates this is why the suggested bid is not estimated , there is only the horizontal lign.

Probably after you add the keyword to an ad group it will have the message "low search volume" . To see how much to bid , you first need to add keyword to account and enable the columns "Estimated first page bid" and "Top of page bid" in the keywords tab.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for your kind information...

Can you please define atually what is suggested bid because I think suggestid bid is a idea of keyword bid for example if a keyword is $5 and i pay $5 or $6 google show my ad on that keyword. It is my thinking is that true or false. Here is another image of keyword where suggestion bid is 0 in the Ad group ideas..

Thanks..Untitled-1.jpg 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shehwar Y
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

AdWords has no fixed price per click it is a dynamic bidding system and the price per click depends on many factors. You can read more from here :  How costs are calculated in AdWords

Back to your picture, As I can see that 0 value appears because you are actually looking at the "Ad group Ideas" tab instead of the "Keyword Ideas" like before so it is not a bid for a single keyword.

The "sugested bid" for "Ad Group Ideas" is a combined bid for all those keywords that the system has decided to add in the new Ad Group. In the Ad Group "All universities" you have  6 keywords. Many of those keywords may have no data , meaning that if you click on the ad group you will see --- on the column of "sugested bid" for all those 6 keywords.

If I replicate exactly your search in my currency I do not get a value of zero but a value of 0.01 , look here :

no-zero-cost.png

After I click on the blue text with the Ad group name "All universities" I get to see that the 6 keywords have very little monthly search volume and only for one keyword the system can tell me a suggested bid.

This is why you see an average of zero for the "suggested bid" at the ad group level, because the system cannot tell you how much to bid for all those 6 keywords, the search volume is too low and it has data only about 1 keyword.

ad-group-actual-suggested-bids.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what is suggested bid in adwords

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.