AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

what are the bid adjustment/bid modifier? Some info confuse me!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google,

1. about the name: bid adjustment or bid modifier. does these two names mean the same feature? I searched in the community, these two with similar info.

2. I noticed that bid adjustment suggestion in opportunity tab show: based on your account's conversion history. conversion history??? how to define this conversion history? how many days?

3. I read the tip in the help of Adwords【https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167139?hl=en&authuser=0#】. it show:"we recommend not adjusting bids for dimensions that have fewer than 1,000 clicks and 30 conversions." why? if i don't have enough data, i can't use this feature?

4. Adwords suggested the bid adjustment opportunity(location, ad scheduling) to me. but it just relate to several campaigns? how to define the standard you show or not show the opportunity to me ? 2 Conv. may be important to me, but you suggested me to cut it for saving some $, how do you know my care?

Looking forward to your quick reply!!!

Re: what are the bid adjustment/bid modifier? Some info confuse me!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hi
To use most of the features google offers, you have have some history on your account . its frustrating especially for new accounts but there isnt any other way

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but i am not sure what's this feature meaning an how does it work.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,

1. Bid Modifiers are adjustments, but primarily for geographical locations. So let's say your ads are showing in City A and City B, you can "modify" your bid adjustment for City A to be higher than City B.

Bid Adjustments are primarily used for devices. Google now has the ability to either increase or decrease your bid based on whether it's a computer, tablet, or mobile device. For example if you don't have a mobile friendly website, you'd be able to decrease your mobile and tablet bids to -100% so that your ads don't show on those devices.

2. Conversion data takes a long time to gather, but in the meantime there are two vital stats you can track: CTR and CPC. CTR is how often people are seeing your ad then clicking on it. For new campaigns I'd say anything above 5% is doing well.

3. Basically they are saying, set up your campaign, but leave things as is for now, until you start getting data. Then you'll be able to make those adjustments, either by City A/City B or Mobile/Computer from your results.

4. You can set different bid adjustments at the Account or Campaign settings. These can't be done at an Ad Group level, but if you are running multiple campaigns (and therefore have multiple business goals), then I'd recommend setting these adjustments at the Campaign level.

Good luck!