# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what are ad extensions?

Re: what are ad extensions?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Shailesh,

When looking in AdWords, there is a tab called "Ad Extensions" select this tab and there will be a drop down menu titled "View" which will help you locate which ad extension you are searching for.

I have attached a picture below:

extensions.png

I hope this helps!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
September 2016

Re: what are ad extensions?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm sorry Shailesh I misread the question.

Ad Extensions provide extra insight to your goods/services. Depending on your business, there are some that may or may not be useful for you.

There are 9 extensions in total that you can choose from. Please note that your ad will not always include the extensions you have filled out as Google figures out whether or not a specific extension will increase the possibility of a click or conversion.

Sitelinks Extensions - You can advertise different pages of your website in this area. For Example: you own a Pet Store. Your main ad will be for your pet store but each individual sitelink can advertise a specific type of toy (squeaky, plushy etc.). Be sure to set up the URL to take a customer to the page which includes the item they are searching for. If someone selects the 'Squeaky Toy' sitelink and it takes them to your regular site or 'Plushy Toys', they may lose interest and leave your site without making a purchase because the link did not lead them to what they wanted.

Location Extensions - In order to have your location in this extension, you need to sync your Google My Business account to your AdWords account. Showing your location in your ad will help customers see how close you are to their location which could be the final factor that helps them decide to pursue your business as opposed to other ads that do not specify where they are located.

Call Extensions -- Sort of similar to Location Extensions, showing your phone number in the ad can help drive traffic to your business. You can select 'Google Forwarding' which means Google will show a different number in your ad that, when dialed, will forward to your regular number. This will help discover which calls you are receiving came from your paid ad as opposed to organic some other means.

Those are just the first 3 extensions in the drop down menu.

I have attached a google help link that goes into further detail about extensions:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

I hope this helps!