Re: website readiness
1) How is your site optimized for Speed via Desktop and Mobile: Testing tool
2) How is you site setup for structured data Testing tool
3) Add you site to Webmaster Tools- go through all the variable there
4) Make sure your Site has Google Analytics
5) You are selling a Novel- Are you selling it on your own site? Is your ecommerce cart tested, and the payment gateways tested, do you have trust seals, is the HTTPS secrured
5-1) Or are you attempting to lead customer to Amazon or other source to purchase your Novel.
6) Are you using Adwords? make sure you know as much about Adwords as Possible -
Step up and Basics
Your Guide to adwords
There are 100's of things to make a website ready, Did you make the site by yourself or have professional help?
Is the design pleasing to the eye? Does it load fast, Do you have privacy statements, return policy, contact information, Ecommerce Cart, are you on a dedicated or shared host, are you using a third party shopping cart site, or using a cart attached to your domain.
How is the copy on your site, Have you build several different landing pages? are you using One click checkout and Buy now buttons, or check-out is 3-5 steps.
Are you using Google Shopping, have you created a Feed and a Google Merchant account.
100's more things to consider, If you have to ask, truly you should seek out a professional who as done it many times before to avoid all the Waste of money time and effort on Opps I didn't know that...