AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

wap mobile ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create a WAP ad but my domain name doesn't fit! I have tried taking www. off but it still wont fit, Is there a way around this?

I have tried to click through to the Learn more about the URL guidelines for mobile ads. link but it doesn't seem to be working.

Many thanks

Nicola

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NHCS
September 2015

Re: wap mobile ads

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Nicola, 

Thanks for the additional information I requested. I followed the same steps with a similar domain name that exceeded the 20 character limit. I received a message that stated if the "display URL exceeds the current character limit, try removing extra characters...or it will be truncated when displayed." (see example image)

WAP mobile ads_character_limitation.png

When I saved the ad, it showed up with an Eligible status. Please try repeating the same steps on your current WAP mobile ad. Let me know if it works for you.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi NHCS,

Thank you for your posting. Can you reply back with either the actual domain name? Or how many total characters of your domain name? If you look below, you will see the display URL is actually 20 characters total versus the 35 characters on the regular texts ads. 

Wap Text Ads:- This Ad Copy is used when you target with small mobile devices with mobile friendly landing page. it consists of 

Headline:-18 Character

Description Line:-18 Character

Display URL:-20 Character

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me. The domain name is 24 characters long. Is there no way around this? Will I have to rule out WAP text ads?

Again many thanks for your help.
Nicola
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NHCS
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Nicola, 

Thanks for the additional information I requested. I followed the same steps with a similar domain name that exceeded the 20 character limit. I received a message that stated if the "display URL exceeds the current character limit, try removing extra characters...or it will be truncated when displayed." (see example image)

WAP mobile ads_character_limitation.png

When I saved the ad, it showed up with an Eligible status. Please try repeating the same steps on your current WAP mobile ad. Let me know if it works for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John Paul,

When I remove the extra characters it is still 4 characters too long but accepted it anyway and is now showing up as eligible.

Thanks for you help!

Nicola

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Nicola,

Glad to be of assistance! I hope you get plenty of clicks with your new ad. 8)