6.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

video remarketing list pixel??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to run a youtube video that has video remarketing pixel attached to it so that i can create a list of people that have watched the video...that i can run ads to later.

I have create the youtube video...

created the remarketing list and selected the youtube video...

created a video campaign...

1. how do i locate the video remarketing pixel and attach it to the youtube video?

2. can I just run the youtube video and build the video remarketing list without started to show ads to that list immediately?  how do i set that up?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: video remarketing list pixel??

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your great question. 

1. To answer your first question about locating the pixel, you no longer have to create or place a pixel. Instead, we apply a smart pixel to any YouTube channel - and all videos within that channel - when you link it to an AdWords for video account.

If you have already linked your AdWords to your YouTube account, you do not need to worry about pasting the pixel as your remarketing list should start building up as you get more views on your channel for the video.

2. Regarding your concerns about not showing ads to the remarketing list yet, you can exclude the Remarketing list by adding it as a negative target for the campaign in question. You can do that by:
1. Go to the campaign
2. Then clicking on "Targets" tab,
3. Then on "Negative Target"
4. Finally click on "Negative Remarketing list".

You will then get an option to add the list you wish to, click on add next to it and then click on save. This should exclude the people in this from getting to see your ads.

You can read more on Remarketing to Youtube viewers with AdWords click here.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: video remarketing list pixel??

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your great question. 

1. To answer your first question about locating the pixel, you no longer have to create or place a pixel. Instead, we apply a smart pixel to any YouTube channel - and all videos within that channel - when you link it to an AdWords for video account.

If you have already linked your AdWords to your YouTube account, you do not need to worry about pasting the pixel as your remarketing list should start building up as you get more views on your channel for the video.

2. Regarding your concerns about not showing ads to the remarketing list yet, you can exclude the Remarketing list by adding it as a negative target for the campaign in question. You can do that by:
1. Go to the campaign
2. Then clicking on "Targets" tab,
3. Then on "Negative Target"
4. Finally click on "Negative Remarketing list".

You will then get an option to add the list you wish to, click on add next to it and then click on save. This should exclude the people in this from getting to see your ads.

You can read more on Remarketing to Youtube viewers with AdWords click here.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Hope that helps. 

video remarketing list pixel??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Sorry to jump in on this thread so late but I'm trying to do something similar here and have a question:  Can I somehow insert a non-google tracking pixel in with a YouTube video, such as my Facebook tracking pixel?  I want to track who's seen my video ad and retarget them on Facebook, too.

Is this possible?

Best Regards,

Joe