AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

using similar keywords within different adwords campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I'm running AdWords ads for my e-commerce website and want to have my ads in two different languages,so for each category of products, I created two different campaigns, for two different languages. Since some of the keywords are the same in both languages(because the product name is the same in both languages), I will have few similar keywords in these two campaigns. Is it acceptable by google? Does it affect my campaigns performance negatively?  

actually, I already read adwords support post (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en) but it is not my exact answer. I really appreciate if you help me on this matter.

Regards

Nariman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: using similar keywords within different adwords campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nariman,

Not a problem. These will not be treated as duplicate keywords because your are targeting different languages. Language targeting is based on user settings and the Google domain. The different campaigns will not be eligible to show at the same time, so there is no competition between them.

Be sure to include keywords in the language you are targeting as well. I assume your ads will be in the targeted language.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Pete, thanks for your reply.

Actually for one of these campaigns, I have chosen English language and for the second one , I've chosen "All languages" since there is no specific language for my region in the AdWord's list. 

In conclusion, it means two different campaigns where some of keywords are the same, language for one of them is "English" and for second one is "All languages". is it still OK?!Smiley Embarassed

Regards

Nariman

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Nariman,

I think this will be ok. In general, the system will prefer a more specific target over a more general target. The English targeted campaign should get the impression when the user's language preference is English, or if the user is on Google.com. Otherwise, the "All languages" should get the impression.

You might want to keep an eye on this for a while to verify if that's what happening.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords