AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

two conversions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi this is Alex and I am new to Google AdWords. I have a question on Conversions. 

I found two conversion figures for a AdWords campaign. I am not sure why this happens and hope you guys can help me out.

1. This is what I saw in the Campaigns page, the conversion is 11.

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 10.09.56 am.png
(https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw0kHlgM_OQCNG01MGN2ejRIM1E/edit)

2. But when I go to the Conversions under Tools. I found out that I have 39 (35+4) conversions (I set up two conversions tracking for the Ad campaign, both of them are used to track which page the users go to)

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 10.12.03 am.png
 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw0kHlgM_OQCZkFVbWRuMTdsUXc/edit)

I tried to search for an answer but could not find any. 

Pelase help me out. 

Thank you in advance!

Alex

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: two conversions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hei,

Jitender is mistaken with respect to what gets tracked where. In order for AdWords conversion tracking to fire the user must have come from an AdWords ad. It does not fire if someone comes from direct traffic or referral etc.

What you are seeing is simple:

11 conversions happened within that campaign during the time period selected.
35 conversions happened with that type of conversion during the time period selected.
That means that if these time periods are the same then 24 conversions of the conversion in question occurred in other campaigns during that time period.

The number on the conversion tool is the total for that particular conversion.
The data in a campaign is how many conversions that campaign (or in the case fo the screenshot provided: ad group) accrued, not total account conversions.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jitender,

That would still not duplicate the conversion in the conversion column in the conversion tool. It will give you duplicate conversions in total, but each specific conversion has its own code and it will only record one conversion per code placed on the page.

in the example in question "checkCourseDetail" is single conversion point, and the total for that conversion will always equal what is in your account. The 2 numbers will not be different between what is in your account and what is on the conversion tool.

In the end, conversion reported on the tool menu and conversion reported in your account will always be equal, no matter how you have set up the code.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

I am not able to check this (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw0kHlgM_OQCZkFVbWRuMTdsUXc/edit)

However it seems like you have set up two conversion tracking for the ad campaign one is for view of a key page & one is for sign up. Also please tell me how many ad group you have created because you got 11 conversion from a single ad group i.e 2014 DEC may be there are more ad groups. Please check the all ad groups

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alex,
I understand your problem, I want to clear you few things of adwords conversion code & which data is correct.
1st thing your dashboard conversion is correct i.e 11 conversion you have received on that day. 2nd thing adwords conversion code fire any time when some one land on code contained page. Conversion tools track the overall data on that particular page. But Dashboard show you only conversion that happened after clicks on your ads or no duplicasy in that data.

Thanks,
Jitender
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hei,

Jitender is mistaken with respect to what gets tracked where. In order for AdWords conversion tracking to fire the user must have come from an AdWords ad. It does not fire if someone comes from direct traffic or referral etc.

What you are seeing is simple:

11 conversions happened within that campaign during the time period selected.
35 conversions happened with that type of conversion during the time period selected.
That means that if these time periods are the same then 24 conversions of the conversion in question occurred in other campaigns during that time period.

The number on the conversion tool is the total for that particular conversion.
The data in a campaign is how many conversions that campaign (or in the case fo the screenshot provided: ad group) accrued, not total account conversions.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clyton,
My mean not to any other traffic source, my mean to that particular account traffic If we are using more then 1 conversion code in single account or multiple code for a single page in that case conversion tracked in conversion tools twice. Or in other case If we are fired one code through Java script on landing page & other we are fired through Thankyou page, In that case conversion tools also tracked twice conversion. Hope this clear you!..
Thanks,
Jitender
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jitender,

That would still not duplicate the conversion in the conversion column in the conversion tool. It will give you duplicate conversions in total, but each specific conversion has its own code and it will only record one conversion per code placed on the page.

in the example in question "checkCourseDetail" is single conversion point, and the total for that conversion will always equal what is in your account. The 2 numbers will not be different between what is in your account and what is on the conversion tool.

In the end, conversion reported on the tool menu and conversion reported in your account will always be equal, no matter how you have set up the code.