AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

two accounts for two websites under one log in?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi,

I already have an adwords account and campaigns created but want to set up adwords for a new website. Am I able to do it under the same log in or do I have to set up a different account?

Thanks

Customer ID:855-384-9918
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: two accounts for two websites under one log in?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

I'm really not sure why Manish S suggests it is "best practice" to create a new account for the second web site. It's just not as simple as that. You can set a new campaign for the new website within the one account.

Are both websites owned by the same company? Will both websites have the same billing information? If you answered "yes" to both, I recommend advertising both web sties from the same account. If you answered "no" to either one, you should set up a second account for the new web site and look into getting an MCC account so you can manage both with a single log in.

Now, the important question: Are you selling the same products or services on both web sites? If you answered yes, you MUST advertise both with the same account or risk violating the "double serving" policy--which can lead to a permanent ban on AdWords for both sites.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can set up new campaign for new website but the best practice is to create new AdWords account for new website.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

I'm really not sure why Manish S suggests it is "best practice" to create a new account for the second web site. It's just not as simple as that. You can set a new campaign for the new website within the one account.

Are both websites owned by the same company? Will both websites have the same billing information? If you answered "yes" to both, I recommend advertising both web sties from the same account. If you answered "no" to either one, you should set up a second account for the new web site and look into getting an MCC account so you can manage both with a single log in.

Now, the important question: Are you selling the same products or services on both web sites? If you answered yes, you MUST advertise both with the same account or risk violating the "double serving" policy--which can lead to a permanent ban on AdWords for both sites.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords