AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

tracking conversion for wap mobile ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

i'm having a display network campaign with banners whose dimension and size are only compatible for wap mobile site (like dimension and size in this link https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176117?hl=en ). And i want to create conversion tracking for this campaign. Does conversion tracking for this type of campaign need a special setting?

Can you guide me a detailed?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nguyen Thi Kim D
September 2015

Re: tracking conversion for wap mobile ads.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

For WAP mobile ads there are 2 options which I believe you might be using:

1. To send customers to your mobile destination URL.

2. To connect users directly to your business phone number.

For second case, conversion tracking isn't directly feasible as you are directing users to call you. For first case, it remains similar process just like for a normal scenario where the user reaches your landing page, fills up the form or complete the check out process and reaches thanks page where you have installed the Conversion tracking code.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Nguyen Thi Kim D,
Welcome to adwords community,
No, You have to upload a conversion tracking code in thank you page. Where you can track your conversion for mobile ads. For more information How to set up conversion tracking code. Go with this link,
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Hope it helps you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nguyen Thi Kim D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

For WAP mobile ads there are 2 options which I believe you might be using:

1. To send customers to your mobile destination URL.

2. To connect users directly to your business phone number.

For second case, conversion tracking isn't directly feasible as you are directing users to call you. For first case, it remains similar process just like for a normal scenario where the user reaches your landing page, fills up the form or complete the check out process and reaches thanks page where you have installed the Conversion tracking code.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank pankaj1782,  but i have a question.

In case 2, if i use both website and wapsite but they have same link (example: http://xyz.com). Should i split conversion tracking? At this time, i'm using one conversion code for them, and wapsite has only 1 conversion per click (but it has a lot clicks). So what's the reason of this case?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you have a single website, one Conversion tracking code should work. 

As far as lot of clicks are concerned, did you check the search queries related to these clicks and whether they are relevant or not?

You can add irrelevant ones as negative keywords to prevent unwanted traffic.

Pankaj