AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

targeting in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a program that lets me know which areas my customers are more likely to come from.  Is it better to use radius targeting which will include the areas that have a high propensity of purchasing customers but also areas with a low propensity of purchasing customers, or target the specified areas.

Do I end up paying for clicks that will not convert in radius targeting?

The radius targeting I know would be easier, especially since I have hundreds of locations.  But is it far more less efficient and more costly?  

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer R
July 2017

targeting in adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer R

Good question

I prefer a specific area. Also note that radius targeting works well only in the US.

Other countries are not  geographically mapped to the  level of the US. So you could select an area below the minimum "resolution" (e.g. if the smallest  Geo  targeting is a city limit, and radius targeting within the city will  default  to include  all the city.

Before using a radius targeting, check what is the smallest Geo targeting available in the targeted country.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer R
July 2017

targeting in adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer R

Good question

I prefer a specific area. Also note that radius targeting works well only in the US.

Other countries are not  geographically mapped to the  level of the US. So you could select an area below the minimum "resolution" (e.g. if the smallest  Geo  targeting is a city limit, and radius targeting within the city will  default  to include  all the city.

Before using a radius targeting, check what is the smallest Geo targeting available in the targeted country.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’