4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

target only people signed in with their youtube accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wish to invite people to watch a video that requires viewers to participate in a sort of "detective work" puzzle. The game involves viewers asking questions in the comments, along the lines of the old parlour game "Twenty Questions" in order to refine their eventual answers.
For this reason I wish to target only those people who are actual YouTube users and signed in with their YouTube accounts. The game is an interactive one, and the only way that people can participate effectively is if they can post questions in the comments and if I can respond to those questions in the comments.

I am less interested in amassing a lot of views than in encouraging active YouTube users to participate in the interactive game.

Is there any way to target only those viewers who are signed in with a YouTube profile?
Is there any way to target viewers who are actually active on YouTube (people who have commented recently or something like that?)
Is there a way to target only those viewers who actually have posted videos of their own?

This is the video I plan to use as an advertisement.
http://youtu.be/4CEeASAyjok

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

ROBwithaB

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: target only people signed in with their youtube accounts

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi ROBwithaB,

Currently these are the only way to target your AdWords for Video campaign:

• Demographics: Age and gender.
  • Topics: YouTube video or Google Display Network content targeted by category or sub-category.
  • Interests: Pick from available categories to reach people interested in these topics.
  • Affinity audiences: Raise brand awareness and drive consideration with your TrueView video ads by reaching people who already have a strong interest in your brand, product, or service
  • In-market audiences: With TrueView campaigns, you can reach people who not only have a strong interest in your brand, product, or service, but are most likely to make a purchase or conversion
  • Placements: Add unique websites or placements within those websites. For example, you can target an entire high traffic blog or the homepage of a popular news site. 
  • Remarketing lists: Reach viewers based on their past interactions with your videos or YouTube channel. 
  • Keywords: The keywords that you add will target your ads to all the networks that you selected for your video campaigns. 

The only thing that I can think that comes close to what you are looking for is the remarketing lists, but this would limit your audience to those who have had past interactions, and wouldn't target new customers. 

For a detailed look at targeting methods, check out this link.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi ROBwithaB,

Currently these are the only way to target your AdWords for Video campaign:

• Demographics: Age and gender.
  • Topics: YouTube video or Google Display Network content targeted by category or sub-category.
  • Interests: Pick from available categories to reach people interested in these topics.
  • Affinity audiences: Raise brand awareness and drive consideration with your TrueView video ads by reaching people who already have a strong interest in your brand, product, or service
  • In-market audiences: With TrueView campaigns, you can reach people who not only have a strong interest in your brand, product, or service, but are most likely to make a purchase or conversion
  • Placements: Add unique websites or placements within those websites. For example, you can target an entire high traffic blog or the homepage of a popular news site. 
  • Remarketing lists: Reach viewers based on their past interactions with your videos or YouTube channel. 
  • Keywords: The keywords that you add will target your ads to all the networks that you selected for your video campaigns. 

The only thing that I can think that comes close to what you are looking for is the remarketing lists, but this would limit your audience to those who have had past interactions, and wouldn't target new customers. 

For a detailed look at targeting methods, check out this link.

Kathleen

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

I think targeting audience based on gender and age can probably help you to target YouTube users only. Since Google can't figure out the gender or age of the user without being logged in their Google account (YouTube), you can target only the gender male and female and untarget the gender UNKNOWN.

Unknown means Google don't have info about the user gender or age, probably because they aren't logged in.

Hope that helps!