Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

target an app plus an audience

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to target an app AND a particular audience. This doesn't appear to be possible with an "Ads in mobile apps" campaign. BUT it looks it might be possible with the following steps but I am unsure. I have noticed in a display only/no marketing campaign I can select a specific app under the "display network" tab > "placement" tab. Then I can select: "Details" > "Selected". Then in the next view I can select the app and then select "manage placement and bid" button. Then I can hit Save. This appears to have my ad group target this specific app. If I also have a custom affinity in this Ad group, will I have achieved my objective? That is target a specific app with a specific audience? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

target an app plus an audience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Hmm.... This is one option. Another one (and my preferred one) is to set two campaigns: One targeting apps, and another one: a display campaign using other targeting methods available (e.g. Placements, topics... Keywords...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’