AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

target an app plus an audience

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to target an app AND a particular audience. This doesn't appear to be possible with an "Ads in mobile apps" campaign. BUT it looks it might be possible with the following steps but I am unsure. I have noticed in a display only/no marketing campaign I can select a specific app under the "display network" tab > "placement" tab. Then I can select: "Details" > "Selected". Then in the next view I can select the app and then select "manage placement and bid" button. Then I can hit Save. This appears to have my ad group target this specific app. If I also have a custom affinity in this Ad group, will I have achieved my objective? That is target a specific app with a specific audience? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

target an app plus an audience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Hmm.... This is one option. Another one (and my preferred one) is to set two campaigns: One targeting apps, and another one: a display campaign using other targeting methods available (e.g. Placements, topics... Keywords...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’