4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

target advertising

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team, my name is david. We just finished our web site jungles-edge.com and would like to use 1500 per month towards google advertising. New York City is our target area due to cost and direct flights to costa rica.

how would you suggest we do this ?

thank you for sharing your time and experience,

david

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: target advertising

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi David,

Welcome to the Adwords community.

Location targeting is pretty straightforward to set up and is a very powerful Adwords feature. There are a number of ways you can do this succesfully for your campaigns.

Please refer to the following links:

Target ads to geograohic locations : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en-GB

Once the campaign is up and running you may consider optimisation of the locations, for example you may find certain ROI is being driven by certain locations and search queries.

Please view for refining location targeting: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404184?hl=en-GB

As you are a vacation website you may also like to consider a few other powerful features. These include some excellent remarketing opportunities, whilst please be sure to set up goals in google analyitics to measure how people respond when on your site. I would imagine a goal could be Plan your next retreat as a micro conversion and the macro conversion as the sale.

Your site is engaging and should certainly have some stickiness. I would consider tailoring some landing pages or using sitelinks on the adverts to help channel the user journey.

There are some excellent features to take advantage of, these are to mention just a few. If we are on the right lines I can expand upon these?

I hope this helps as a first answer to your question.

All the best

James Edward Goode

Re: target advertising

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I would recommend visiting the "user articles" section of the community. (In the upper navigation bar). You'll find best practices and tips on the topic.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’