2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

sudden change in performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Daily i am getting impressions, clicks and conversions, suddenly today i got only impressions but no clicks and conversions. Most of the keywords avg position is between 3. What may be the reasons of this sudden drop in ad performance, Can anyone please clarify on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Nandini

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Re: sudden change in performance

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi.

I would suggest you to wait bit more and see. In most of the times these data can take while to update.

Also how many clicks and conversions are we talking here? to identify a sudden drop you need to see the pattern of data and see whether its a unusual or not.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nandini,

I faced the same issue previously and it is so frustrated one too. Don’t feel pathetic about it; as @Nisal L Said wait for some more time and if you still not find the reason, check these.

• First it’s very basic but just check your Budget is it exhausted or any decline in billing.
  • Get in to dimensions tab and check stats by ‘Hour of the day’. You will find when it is got effected.
  • Now check your history for that time.
  • If you change any ads or adding negative keywords or removing keywords, do revert back those changes.
  • Still if you unable to find the reason do a comparison with today and yesterday data and start analyzing highly affected keywords and ads first.
  • Analyze your competitors from ‘Action Insights’ to compare your top position.

These Basic steps solve your issues most of the times.

Thanks.

Aravindh.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi.

I would suggest you to wait bit more and see. In most of the times these data can take while to update.

Also how many clicks and conversions are we talking here? to identify a sudden drop you need to see the pattern of data and see whether its a unusual or not.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nandini,

I faced the same issue previously and it is so frustrated one too. Don’t feel pathetic about it; as @Nisal L Said wait for some more time and if you still not find the reason, check these.

• First it’s very basic but just check your Budget is it exhausted or any decline in billing.
  • Get in to dimensions tab and check stats by ‘Hour of the day’. You will find when it is got effected.
  • Now check your history for that time.
  • If you change any ads or adding negative keywords or removing keywords, do revert back those changes.
  • Still if you unable to find the reason do a comparison with today and yesterday data and start analyzing highly affected keywords and ads first.
  • Analyze your competitors from ‘Action Insights’ to compare your top position.

These Basic steps solve your issues most of the times.

Thanks.

Aravindh.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you nisal and aravindh for your valuable suggestions. I checked all those there is no issue so i think will wait some time to check the result