3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

stuck preparing a budget sheet, need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi this is harshal i want to know if i am preparing a budget sheet for a samsung new mobile which is to be launched then how much % of ctr should i consider? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: stuck preparing a budget sheet, need help

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Harshal P

Welcome to the community.

This can vary significantly depending on many factors:

QS
Avg Position (indirectly bid)
Bidding Strategy
KW match types
KW itself
Use of negative KW
Competition
Ad copy
Unique Call to action
Unique offers

The list goes on im afraid Smiley Happy

One tip to consider is the expected click through rate. A keyword status that measures how likely it is that your ads will get clicked when shown for that keyword, irrespective of your ad's position, extensions, and other ad formats that may affect the visibility of your ads. You can use this tool as a guide.

There are three possible statuses you can get: above average, average, or below average.
Having an "average" or "above average" status means that there are no major problems with this keyword's expected clickthrough rate when compared to all other keywords across AdWords.

A "below average" status means that you might want to consider changing your ad text so that it's more closely related to your top keyword

Please see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659696?hl=en for a more detailed guide on Expected CTR.

You might consider it far more useful forecasting based on pivot tables and calculate the CTR based on 0.5 to 5% and every percentile interval inbetween. This way, you may be able to forecast any variations in CTR and its wider effect on your budget sheet. There are a lot of factors here however. You may for example receive a 100% CTR on a very long tail KW, but only ever get 1 impression. Statistically perfect, but not ideal in growing a campaign via volume.

Hope that helps a little.

James Edward

Re: stuck preparing a budget sheet, need help

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I would use roughly a 2% CTR in any proposal or estimate. Although there are MANY factors at play like James mentions -- a 2% CTR is a generally accepted "successful" benchmark.