AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

spending limit reached yet no clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just created a campaign and I'm running a test.

The test says that the daily budget has been reached and the ad will not show.

However not a cent has been spent yet????

The campaign does have quite a low budget but I'm not at liberty to extend it so what else can I do?

Russel.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: spending limit reached yet no clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Russel B,

If your CPC Max bid is high as compared to your daily budget, Google won't be able to server your ad. If you've only budgeted enough for 1 to 5 clicks a day, that could be the case here, but I don't remember seeing this message in this case.

If you can't increase the budget, try lowering your Max CPC bid and see if that helps. You might get a different message in that case.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Russel B
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Russel,

The most likely scenario is the one that Petebardo suggested. If you have keywords that have higher bids than your daily budget, it is probably causing you problems. 

If that's the case, I have a few suggestions:

• If you have multiple campaigns, you can set up shared budgets in order to try to pool the budget, so that you don't have bids set higher than your daily budget. 
  • Consider pausing high bid keywords and focusing on expanding lower bid keywords.  This isn't necessarily advisable because higher bid keywords are sometimes more competitive for a reason.  Still, you'll get the most bang for your buck this way and it could help with the budget issue you are facing.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Russel B,

If your CPC Max bid is high as compared to your daily budget, Google won't be able to server your ad. If you've only budgeted enough for 1 to 5 clicks a day, that could be the case here, but I don't remember seeing this message in this case.

If you can't increase the budget, try lowering your Max CPC bid and see if that helps. You might get a different message in that case.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Interesting scenario. Russel, is it a Display campaign?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Russel B
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Russel,

The most likely scenario is the one that Petebardo suggested. If you have keywords that have higher bids than your daily budget, it is probably causing you problems. 

If that's the case, I have a few suggestions:

• If you have multiple campaigns, you can set up shared budgets in order to try to pool the budget, so that you don't have bids set higher than your daily budget. 
  • Consider pausing high bid keywords and focusing on expanding lower bid keywords.  This isn't necessarily advisable because higher bid keywords are sometimes more competitive for a reason.  Still, you'll get the most bang for your buck this way and it could help with the budget issue you are facing.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Search Network Only - All Features.
Turns out in reality the ad has generated more than 2000 impressions and 12 clicks today. Increased the daily budget a bit and maximum bid per click by 3 x. This seems to have improved the results but will clear out the budget sooner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The other little thing was that the ad wasn't approved yet. Live and learn ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Glad it is working for you!