1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

special keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Our business is an ecommerce website delivering only in Lebanon, but mainly our targeted customers are outside lebanon. I putted in the targeted country the coutries where lebanese expacts are. My question, should i add the word "lebanon" in all my keywords to have the good targets.ex: send flowers or the keyword should be send flowers to lebanon?
2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CAN P
September 2015

Re: special keywords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Claude, 

Don't feel bad at all, no question is silly as long as your intention is to learn. Feel at ease and free to ask anything related to AdWords that you need help with. We would be pleased to assist. 

Coming to your questions -

How can I find the best keywords for my campaign, and if i add Lebanon to each one do you think i can target a lot of people?

The best way to start finding the right keywords would be to use Keyword Planner. Access it from Tools > Keyword Planner. If you would like to learn more about it, refer to this resource

To your second question - yes. The best part of having keywords both in ad and in keywords is that you can extend your target geographies to any country/region without worrying to attract irrelevant traffic. Because your ads would be seen only by the people who are searching for your keywords. And if someone is searching for - send flower to lebanon from any country in the world, they are your potential customers, aren't they?

And your final question - What is the ad copies?

It's your text ad, we sometimes refer to it as ad copy. Do not confuse yourself, ad copy is basically your ad itself. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello,

A small addition to what has been said above, don't for the quantity, rather go for the quality of your keywords and then see the results. Adding thousands of keywords without any direction will leave you no where and will rather confuse you. when you work on your account. 

So it's better to target right set of specific keywords and slowly expand your account.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 22
Top Contributor

@CAN P you should check your ads using Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. To access this tool, go to Tools > Ad Preview & Diagnosis. You will find 'tools' option at the top navigation bar in your AdWords account interface. 

While using this tool, make sure you have selected the right country and Google TLD version from the available dropdown. 

Also, checking ads by visiting Google is not a good practice. Doing so can increase your ad impressions without getting any clicks, and thus it will affect your CTR, and eventually QS and cost as well. 

You said you are not getting CPC, do you mean clicks? Are you getting any impressions?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Can P,

It is not necessary to use the location name in every keyword that you target. If you are using the keyword "send flowers" and targeting the location where your users are, then you are fine. One thing you can do is add the location name i.e. Lebanon (in your case) in your Ad Copy so that even if someone searches for a generic keyword like "send flowers" and your ad says "send flowers to lebanon" it will make sense. You can also use location extension with your ad to show your business location with your ad.

Adding location name in your ads makes it clear to the user that where actually your business is and where do you deliver.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Ashish

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Can P,

My advice would be - yes, use lebanon with all or most of your keywords. Why? I will explain -

Suppose you are targeting UK with your campaigns and not using Lebanon in your keywords, you are going to compete with a considerably larger number of competitors. It would include even the competitors who are not actually your competitors. For instance, a UK based business which serves only UK and is targeting the same keywords i.e. 'send flowers' as you are. Here your existing settings with AdWords will make you compete with them, but in real sense, they are not actually your competitors. They do not serve lebanon as you do. 

Further, you will also lag behind the competition but would be paying higher than the usual. Not just that, you would be attracting not-that-relevant clicks to your campaigns. 

Yes, using lebanon in your ad copy would be a good thing, but again, if you do not* include it in keywords, you are more likely to have lower CTR, and eventually lower QS. 

In short, if you do not be specific with your keywords, you are increasing the chance of going your campaigns astray and accumulating clicks from people who do not necessarily want to send flowers to lebanon

So, the best advise would be to use lebanon in your keywords and also in your ad copies.  This way, you can be sure that you are getting relevant traffic and competing with the actual competitors only. And of course, it will also work to give you better CTR, higher QS, and eventually lower CPC. It will also allow you to expand your target geographies across many or any country without worrying to have irrelevant traffic because you would have a tighter them which would attract only relevant traffic to the website. 

Edited for typo - *not

My two cents. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Dear Sir,
I want to thank you for your reply and for your help,
How can I find the best keywords for my campaign, and if i add Lebanon to each one do you think i can target a lot of people?
what is the ad copies?
I am sorry for my silly questions but i am new in Google adwords...
Sorry Again
Regards
Claude

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Claude, 

Don't feel bad at all, no question is silly as long as your intention is to learn. Feel at ease and free to ask anything related to AdWords that you need help with. We would be pleased to assist. 

Coming to your questions -

The best way to start finding the right keywords would be to use Keyword Planner. Access it from Tools > Keyword Planner. If you would like to learn more about it, refer to this resource

To your second question - yes. The best part of having keywords both in ad and in keywords is that you can extend your target geographies to any country/region without worrying to attract irrelevant traffic. Because your ads would be seen only by the people who are searching for your keywords. And if someone is searching for - send flower to lebanon from any country in the world, they are your potential customers, aren't they?

And your final question - What is the ad copies?

It's your text ad, we sometimes refer to it as ad copy. Do not confuse yourself, ad copy is basically your ad itself. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so Much for your help

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
After doing my Campaigns, Most of the keywords are marked as :
4/10
Expected clickthrough rate: Average
Ad relevance: Average
Landing page experience: Below average

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I added 600 Keywords, But most of the Keywords are mentioned as "Low search volume". Do you think anything wrong in my choices?

Sorry Again.
Regards
Claude
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello,

A small addition to what has been said above, don't for the quantity, rather go for the quality of your keywords and then see the results. Adding thousands of keywords without any direction will leave you no where and will rather confuse you. when you work on your account. 

So it's better to target right set of specific keywords and slowly expand your account.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for your reply, what do you suggest, remove some keywords? or wait till having some analytic data than remove it?

Regards
Claude