Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

sitelink scheduling changes campaign schedule

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

When putting in sitelink scheduling into Editor via import i have noticed that it changes the sitelink schedule of the campaign as well.

Not only is this annoying because i have to change the campaign scheduling back to the original schedule but it also can badly affect the account.

Eg, if i don't notice that the campaign scheduling is changed it can pause major campaigns when the sitelink is not active.

From now on i am changing the scheduling in the interface to avoid this.  Is anyone else seeing this problem or know of a fix that is coming soon.

Thanks

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave M
September 2015

Re: sitelink scheduling changes campaign schedule

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
It's a bug. Thank you very much for reporting it. Somehow, no one seems to have noticed it before. It'll be fixed in the next Editor release.

Meanwhile, you may try this workaround. Run Add Multiple Sitelinks or Import CSV tool as usual. If you use Add Multiple, on the last step (where the Finish button is), make sure "Automatically accept all imported changes" checkbox at the bottom is unchecked (Import CSV doesn't have this checkbox). Click "Finish and review changes".

Your changes are now imported as proposals. Go to Campaigns tab, select all (Edit > Select All or Ctrl+A) and click "Reject selected proposals" button at the top of the tab. That removes all proposed changes on campaigns, which in this case would be inadvertent edits to campaign ad schedule. Finally, click "Keep proposed changes" at the top of the main window - that turns all remaining proposals into regular edits that you can post.

For more details on working with proposals, see https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/topic/8284

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave M
September 2015

Re: sitelink scheduling changes campaign schedule

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
It's a bug. Thank you very much for reporting it. Somehow, no one seems to have noticed it before. It'll be fixed in the next Editor release.

Meanwhile, you may try this workaround. Run Add Multiple Sitelinks or Import CSV tool as usual. If you use Add Multiple, on the last step (where the Finish button is), make sure "Automatically accept all imported changes" checkbox at the bottom is unchecked (Import CSV doesn't have this checkbox). Click "Finish and review changes".

Your changes are now imported as proposals. Go to Campaigns tab, select all (Edit > Select All or Ctrl+A) and click "Reject selected proposals" button at the top of the tab. That removes all proposed changes on campaigns, which in this case would be inadvertent edits to campaign ad schedule. Finally, click "Keep proposed changes" at the top of the main window - that turns all remaining proposals into regular edits that you can post.

For more details on working with proposals, see https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/topic/8284