1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

sitelink extension problem

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In my adwords account sitelink extension shows some clicks and impressions but in adpreview and daignosis tool sitelink is not showing for all my keywords.

Thanks & Regards

Nandini

3 Expert replyverified_user
9 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Re: sitelink extension problem

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nandini,

Just do some basic checks before you try to preview the ad.

1. Choose the correct geography in the preview tool i.e. you need to enter your targeted location to ensure that you are not trying to view the ad for a different geo
2. Ensure you are targeting the right Google domain i.e. if you are targeting India, you need to choose Google.co.in as the domain
3. Use the keyword that has most traffic for theme, this way you increase your chances of viewing the ad along with sitelinks for the geo

If you are still unable to view your sitelinks, I suggest you search for your own brand in Google and check if you get to see the sitelinks there rather than using the Ad Preview tool.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you ShashankSingh for your suggestions.
I tried all your suggestions eventhough i cant visible my sitelink extension in google and adpreview but in google adwords account it showing i got some impressions and clicks for sitelink extension. Can you please clarify about this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Nandini

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nandini,

You might be using the same Sitelink URL and destination URL. Most of the times, Google does not show Sitelink extensions if both the URLs are same. Change and use a different extension URL for it to show up in ads.

Thank you,
Rajesh Maguluri

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I used different sitelink and destination URL's . sitelink URL is sub tab URL in my destination URL. Google approved my sitelink extension and in ad extension tab it showing i got some clicks and impressions for sitelink extension then why cant this extension is not visible in adpreview tool? Can you please on this?

Thanks& Regards,
Nandini

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Nandini,

Apologies for not being able to respond to you earlier. Since your sitelink has been approved in AdWords, it should technically show up with your ad in the ad preview tool.

If you are unable to view it there then I guess its just pure bad luck. I too tried the same thing with my accounts and was not able to view the sitelinks. One way that I could think of was to look at the hours where you garner maximum traffic or even impressions in a day and then search in the ad preview tool to check if you can spot your sitelinks.

I don't think there is a specific reasoning behind why your ads are not showing up with your sitelinks in the ad preview tool.

I will reach out to others on the community and try and get back to you with a better reply (if possible).

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Thotakura,

There are a couple of basic things you need to consider first.  

Please carefully review the section on sitelinks here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Also, I've run into some odd scenarios with ad extensions not showing up in the ad preview tool in the past although it seems to be much less frequent these days.  One way I've been able to trigger them, when the ad is in a high position etc...is to click in the search box, the one just above the preview results (it looks just like the normal Google search box) and then hit enter, as if you're running the search from there.  This sometimes triggers ad extensions to appear when they do not after a normal preview search.

preview.png

If you're only talking about a handful of impressions, it could simply be a ranking issue.  I would personally try to test the highest ranking keywords to trigger ads that have a high average position.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi All,
Thanks for all this great insight into Nandini's question. One thing to remember is that the Ad Preview Tool is generally supposed to be used to tell if your ad is (a) showing and (b) what position it is in. Ad Extensions are not always going to show in this tool, even if they are showing in the live search results.

Kathleen

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 11
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you so much for all who takes time to respond for my queries. All your answers are helped me alott. I saw that others ads are showing sitelink extensions in ad preview tool then why cant my ad?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 12
Rising Star
Hi Nandini,

As Tommy and Kathleen pointed out, there are a few check points that you need to consider when it comes to Sitelinks or for that matter any ad extensions to show up with your ad.

The most important one here is that, for your ad to show up with sitelinks, it needs to be ranked in the top 2 -3 spots above the search results. So if your ad is getting ranked anywhere below 3, you will not see your extensions. You need to push your bids to rank higher in order for your sitelinks to show up.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nandini,

Just do some basic checks before you try to preview the ad.

1. Choose the correct geography in the preview tool i.e. you need to enter your targeted location to ensure that you are not trying to view the ad for a different geo
2. Ensure you are targeting the right Google domain i.e. if you are targeting India, you need to choose Google.co.in as the domain
3. Use the keyword that has most traffic for theme, this way you increase your chances of viewing the ad along with sitelinks for the geo

If you are still unable to view your sitelinks, I suggest you search for your own brand in Google and check if you get to see the sitelinks there rather than using the Ad Preview tool.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you ShashankSingh for your suggestions.
I tried all your suggestions eventhough i cant visible my sitelink extension in google and adpreview but in google adwords account it showing i got some impressions and clicks for sitelink extension. Can you please clarify about this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Nandini
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nandini,

You might be using the same Sitelink URL and destination URL. Most of the times, Google does not show Sitelink extensions if both the URLs are same. Change and use a different extension URL for it to show up in ads.

Thank you,
Rajesh Maguluri

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I used different sitelink and destination URL's . sitelink URL is sub tab URL in my destination URL. Google approved my sitelink extension and in ad extension tab it showing i got some clicks and impressions for sitelink extension then why cant this extension is not visible in adpreview tool? Can you please on this?

Thanks& Regards,
Nandini

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Can anyone please clarify for my above question
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Nandini,

Apologies for not being able to respond to you earlier. Since your sitelink has been approved in AdWords, it should technically show up with your ad in the ad preview tool.

If you are unable to view it there then I guess its just pure bad luck. I too tried the same thing with my accounts and was not able to view the sitelinks. One way that I could think of was to look at the hours where you garner maximum traffic or even impressions in a day and then search in the ad preview tool to check if you can spot your sitelinks.

I don't think there is a specific reasoning behind why your ads are not showing up with your sitelinks in the ad preview tool.

I will reach out to others on the community and try and get back to you with a better reply (if possible).

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Thotakura,

There are a couple of basic things you need to consider first.  

Please carefully review the section on sitelinks here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Also, I've run into some odd scenarios with ad extensions not showing up in the ad preview tool in the past although it seems to be much less frequent these days.  One way I've been able to trigger them, when the ad is in a high position etc...is to click in the search box, the one just above the preview results (it looks just like the normal Google search box) and then hit enter, as if you're running the search from there.  This sometimes triggers ad extensions to appear when they do not after a normal preview search.

preview.png

If you're only talking about a handful of impressions, it could simply be a ranking issue.  I would personally try to test the highest ranking keywords to trigger ads that have a high average position.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi All,
Thanks for all this great insight into Nandini's question. One thing to remember is that the Ad Preview Tool is generally supposed to be used to tell if your ad is (a) showing and (b) what position it is in. Ad Extensions are not always going to show in this tool, even if they are showing in the live search results.

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanx for your response shashank