Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

sitelink extension override

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have created separate campaign for two city in which sitelink extension name is same but url is different.

My problem is that when I create same sitelink extension in new campaign, sitelink extyension becomes changes in older one as well.

How can I fix that??

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
April 2017

Re: sitelink extension override

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @santosh s,

o me it seems you are changing the sitelink with AdWords Editor, because there is setting in AdWords that need to be changed to add the same Text Ads/Sitelink with different URL.

To change this setting, go to Setting tabs under Tools tab in Editor and change it as per the snapshots.

When you will change the setting, It will create a new Ads and Sitelink when you change only Destination URL and Path.

AE.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Santosh,

Kindly check the link Use of Sitelink Extensions

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for reply and I checked the link provided by you and didn't find answer of my query.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @santosh s,

If you create any sitelink extension, it will be created in your AdWords account which you can add/remove to/from any specific campaign/ad group.

If you are unable to save the sitelink with same text(different url), try some tweaks with the text.

you can add or modify the description text also.

I am not sure but try with first letter of any word in small instead of all the words with starting letter in blocks.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
April 2017

Re: sitelink extension override

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @santosh s,

o me it seems you are changing the sitelink with AdWords Editor, because there is setting in AdWords that need to be changed to add the same Text Ads/Sitelink with different URL.

To change this setting, go to Setting tabs under Tools tab in Editor and change it as per the snapshots.

When you will change the setting, It will create a new Ads and Sitelink when you change only Destination URL and Path.

AE.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

You have to create a new link. The links that already exists are "shared" by default. If both links are exactly the same except for the URL, then you will just have to make sure you are using the right URL for the right campaign. At the campaign level, add each link, then click the edit pencil and make sure it's the right URL.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not working even after this setting