AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

should i wait to run ad until site is verified?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am awaiting a verification, should i wait ti run an ad until I've received the postcard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The postcard is just to verify the authenticity of you location for "Google My Business" (organic search).  You can run an AdWords PPC campaign without completing that process. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The postcard is just to verify the authenticity of you location for "Google My Business" (organic search).  You can run an AdWords PPC campaign without completing that process. 

Re: should i wait to run ad until site is verified?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks! That helps, there’s so many things involved in setting up this updated site. When i set up my site, using Wix, it had the home page listed as “my site” so it wasn’t coming up in searches on Bing or Google. I need to get google to find me again, I don’t come up on a google search. I’m trying to figure out how to hurry that up, I did buy my domain from google, so I though that might help, but it doesn’t appear to be helping. Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a lot to getting a site to show up when a search is conducted on Google.  That is a whole field known as "search engine optimization".  It is different than advertising your site on Google using AdWords, which is the focus of this forum. 

I recommend you edit your post and remove personal identifying information.  This page is visible on the www and there are all kinds of "bots" that "scrape" the web to collect personal information for nefarious purposes.  

You might enjoy one of the many good books available on the topic of SEO for small business. It's a good starting point.  Google AdWords falls under the topic of paid per click advertising, or SEM. 

Best of luck with promoting your site online!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THANK YOU!  I replied from the email and ooooops!  So appreciate you letting me know that was there.  Yes, i am learning the SEO, just hoped the adwords might help a bit.  I think I will give it a week or so then run it.  Again, thank you very much for all!