2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

should I run multiple campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to figure out if I should create multiple campaigns for my dental practice.  I have keywords that are very specific to a service but my current ad just displays my general dental practice information.  

I'm thinking of creating an campaigns based on groups of similar keywords and then targeting the ad to those keywords.  

For example - create a campaign for Braces/Orthodontics with the ad focused on braces/ortho and only include keywords related to braces/orthodontics.

Seems like the way to go aside from the initial setup but want to be sure I'm not missing something.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: should I run multiple campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt, welcome to the Community.

Generally speaking the principle reasons for using multiple Campaigns is to get control over the various settings that only apply at the Campaign level, for example budget or Location settings.  However, there's no reason not to split Campaigns merely for reasons of structure or logic; for an ecommerce site selling a range of products, for example, it makes sense to have Campaigns split by general product groups then Ad Groups within those Campaigns for each specific product.

For a dental practice I'd say your primary reason for multiple Campaigns will be budget.  If you assign Campaigns for the various types of service you offer you'll be able to control the specific budget for these various aspects of your advertising.

Do make sure your Ad Groups are very tightly focused on a common theme.  For a dental practice I'd probably have a group for each specific service and you may only end up with a handful of Keywords in each group.

Do also make sure you have some way of tracking your success.  It could be tricky in your situation but being able to measure the effect of your advertising is key to making the best of your money.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: should I run multiple campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Matt;
For niche services, I prefer to have separate campaigns, or at least separate ad-groups, It is easier to analyze and to manage. Furthermore, I would set a separate landing page for each service. "Dental implants" are totally different procedures than a "general dental care'. ...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to find someone who can help me set up multiple campaigns on my account.  It seems like a simple question, but the answer continues to elude me.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’