AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

setting up conversions & linking adwords to 3rd party account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

who can help me with this one?  I have a 3rd party site i need to link to.  they have a screen developed for adwords connection, but i cant recognise some of the terms.  They are asking for "application ID" and "success page label"

Also, when setting up conversions in adwords, they ask if the source is a Webpage, Call on-site,  or App download.   What i want to record is clicking on a button that brings up a pop up form.  Which one would it be

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: setting up conversions & linking adwords to 3rd party account

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Melody ! 

That depends on the platform behind that site. Different platforms have customized analytics modules like this one :

https://drupal.org/project/Google_Analytics

http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/

After you find out the platform, it is best if you ask in the forum for that platform, because the users or developers of that platform have the best knowledge about the setup.

Re: setting up conversions & linking adwords to 3rd party account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Melody, I can't help you with the first two terms, they sound like a bespoke software build.

The second part is easier since it's AdWords.   You can't directly track a click on a button with AdWords Conversion tracking although you can track events such as this with Analtyics, but I'd go a different way.

Put the AdWords Conversion code in the pop-up form.  Since the button causes the form to appear having the code render in the form itself is effectively the same as having it trigger on the button click (in fact, I'd argue it's a little better).  Better yet, you should consider putting the code in the section of the pop-up/page where the submission of the form is successful, since they you're counting only those that actually submit.  Or do both, have an Analytics Goal (see below) for the form and an AdWords Conversion for the submission so you can track the difference.

For AdWords above, the conversion type would be "Webpage" and a lead or sign-up.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits