AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

selecting smaller suburbs for adwords regions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi , cannot seem to choose small suburbs for my region for ad. big ones come up but leaves hole between warragul and morwell that im trying to select.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: selecting smaller suburbs for adwords regions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Crystal B,

Warragul and Morwell are 2 small distinct locations in Victoria, Australia, pretty close to Melbourne. However, they are not overlapping and there is some distance between them, that's why you see the hole. Most of that hole, however, is not or very rarely populated.

Capturedec09c.JPG

You are advised to try to use the radius targeting feature if you are not satisfied with selecting distinct locations. Don't care for overlapping between radii in case you need multiple circles, Google will rectify the issue.

The a/m features are available to you if you click on Advanced search under the Location targeting feature on your campaign settings page.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: selecting smaller suburbs for adwords regions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Crystal B

I can think of three options that I hope are beneficial:

1. Switch to radius targeting, find the suburb(s) you would like to target and drop the pin right in the middle, adjusting the miles/kilometers around the pin to your desired specifications. To put the pin in the map, select the blue square that is highlighted with a red square

Radius Targeting.png

2. Find the postal/zip code for the area and put that into the search option and use that to target your suburbs.

3. If possible, beside the 'Enter a location' text area, select the blue shape and different areas will show as grey in the map and you can select which areas you want that way.

Searching location.png

I hope at least one of these three options are helpful!

Jillian