1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

search volume

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! If I want to get the total branded search estimation for a brand let's say burberry, then using the Keyword Planner - Get Search Volume and Trends, I would have to insert all keywords like burberry, burberry coat, burberry bag + all mispelling etc and then sum it up? I tried finding out if the result for "burberry" is a broad match or not but it's not clear online/on forums. Basically my keyword "burberry" won't include "burberry bag" right?

Thanks and sorry if I'm repeating a question.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Montaigne S
September 2015

Re: search volume

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Montaigne, how are things?

Yes, you should insert all the keywords and it's variations to have a more exact search volume as possible.

I don't think that the tool distinct match type though, never tested that.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Montaigne S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Montaigne, how are things?

Yes, you should insert all the keywords and it's variations to have a more exact search volume as possible.

I don't think that the tool distinct match type though, never tested that.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Montaigne,

exactly like leandrofm said, it doesn't calulate on match types but on some average CPC for targeting methods you've set.

Try more specific keywords to get a better idea about CPC prices. Keywords like Burberry, Calvin Klein are too general so there will much lower suggested bids than for more specific products of these brands like for example: Burberry Brit/Burberry Bag.

Alex