2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

search tools PPC results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

why is it that when using search tools to identify a location the results are different then someone actually searching in that location?  ad ppc.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: search tools PPC results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Location does matter so is the database synchronization tools are mostly behind the real time search except then the google original search tool in Adword account.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Could you elaborate what do you mean by " when using search tools to identify a location "?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Henry,

Your question is unclear, could you please elaborate?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Henry,

I think I understand what you're saying here. Say you live in California and have a client or campaign that is targeting only Florida. You use Google.com and under 'search tools', you're changing your location to Florida so you can try and test out your local ads that otherwise you would not be able to see as you live outside of the target geography.

As to why the results are different, well one guess that I have is that indeed you're still NOT in Florida and as well, you'll also be seeing some California based results mixed it.

I've tried this myself on numerous occasions but I don't trust it as a true measure of what's actually happening when someone is physically inside our geotargeted area.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’