Guide Me
star_border

search ad displays domain rather than subdomain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone.

Our company's website is www.usana.com

We sell through independent associates who have their own websites -- however these websites are subdomains of our own site. So, one associate site would be example.usana.com, another would be example2.usana.com etc.

Many of our associates create ads with a headline of something like "buy usana products" and Google is automatically adding on  "- usana.com" after the headline. Why is it adding the domain rather than the target subdomain? I know in some cases google adds the domain to fill space etc., but I'm wondering why it is adding the domain rather than subdomain and if there is any way to change that.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: search ad displays domain rather than subdomain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi USANAHealthSciences,

What's the display URL your associates are using? When your ad appears in a top position on the page, many times Google will show the display URL on the first or second line instead of last.

Check with your associates and make sure they are entering the sub-domain as the display URL (unless that makes it too long).

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I am doubtful about double serving.

Won't it be called double serving when different distributors using different landing pages on the same domain would be advertising products of the same business with almost same set of keywords from different accounts?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pete,

Thanks for the reply. According to some that I spoke with, they have entered their site (subdomain) as the display URL. For example, purchasevitamins.usana.com is one that is running ads, puts that as the display, but Google is putting usana.com before or after in the ad title

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes Ratan,

I agree with you on this. Double Serving of ads is a severe policy violation.

Now what you can do is -

1. You can talk to Google Team. Create a MCC.

2. Ask all your sellers to add accounts to this MCC and from there they sell their products.

But again remember that your sellers shouldn't bid on the same keywords. Otherwise the keyword with a greater rank will only trigger ads.

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi USANAHealthSciences,

Sometimes Google experiments with ad layout. That could be what you are seeing here. I did a quick search for "purchasevitamins.usana.com". An add shows in top position, but it did not display as you described. One ad showed for orderhere.usana.com, one showed for purchasevitamins.usana.com.

Are you able to provide a screen shot of the ad layout you describe?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords