AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

sUsing Analytics Audiences inside Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

I'm new to remarketing and audiences. It took me several weeks to understand that there are two separate remarketing audiences lists - one in Analytics and one in Adwords. 

I was successful with setting up Analytics audiences but I was not successful with setting up Adwords audiences as it just wasn't working, so I gave up on building Adwords audiences list and just went with Analytics audiences.

The question that I've is - how do I import the list from Analytics into Adwords? I can't find a way to do it. The tutorials are super confusing as they assume I've Adwords audiences list but I don't. I only have Analytics audiences list.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Peter Krumins

CEO Browserling Inc.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Peter K

First, you should link your Adwords and Analytics accounts. Here is how to do it:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. Click the gear menu (), then select Linked accounts.
  3. Under "Google Analytics," click View details. You'll see a list of Google Analytics properties to which you have access. (If you don't see an Analytics property here, make sure you have "Edit" permission to that property.)
  4. Click Set up link next to the property you want to link to AdWords. Choose a property for the business you advertise with AdWords. (You'll be able to link more than one.) If you've already linked a property, you'll see "Edit" instead of "Set up link."
  5. Now you'll see one of the two screens described below:
    • If the property you chose only has one view, you'll see the name of that view. Select Import site metrics to be able to see Google Analytics data in AdWords reports. (To add this data to your reports, you’ll also need to follow the instructions to add Google Analytics columns to your AdWords reports.)
    • If the property has multiple views, you'll see a list of the views from this property that you can link. There are two settings:
      • Link: Link as many views as you'd like. This will make AdWords click and cost data available in Analytics, and Analytics goals and transactions available for import into AdWords.
      • Import site metrics: (Recommended) Choose one view from which to import site engagement metrics. While this is optional, we recommend choosing one view that will be used to show site engagement metrics in the Google Analytics reporting columns of your account.
    If your AdWords account is used by an AdWords manager account (MCC) that has linked to this property, you'll also see a column showing which views are linked to that manager account.
  6. Click Save.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Once you've linked Analytics and AdWords, you can use Analytics audiences in Adwords. To view your audiences in Adwords, navigate to Shared Library - Audiences. If your accounts have synced you should be able to see Analytics audiences.

Hope that helpsSmiley Wink

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eva! Thanks so much for helping. This is exactly what I was looking for. I've now linked Analytics to Adwords and imported site metrics.

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 4
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

@Peter K, Happy to helpSmiley Happy

Do not hesitate to ask if you need further assistance. 

Regards,
Eva